As all of us know Google has declared it will be counting HTTPS as a ranking factor today. That means in the event that you use HTTPS it’s going to raise the odds of Google rank you higher if it’s search results.
Before shifting to HTTPS was technical and expensive needing to purchase SSL certifications and install yourself. Happily Cloudflare have published a free version that does the exact identical job and is simpler to install.
Establishing your complimentary Cloudflare Flexible SSL
- Subscribe to Cloudflare
- Choose the free program
- Follow step one to adding your domain
- When you have enrolled and
setupyour domain, click your domain
- In the very top, there will be a row of icons click “Crypto”
- The initial choice would be SSL, pick Flexible SSL
- Preparing WordPress to Cloudflare’s Flexible SSL
IMPORTANT! — On Your WordPress backend depart your WordPress Address (URL) and Website Address (URL) as HTTP.
Next, you’ll need to set up both of both of these plugins under.
CloudFlare Flexible SSL Plugin
This plugin is vital for allowing Flexible SSL on WordPress and can stop unlimited redirect loops once loading WordPress websites under CloudFlare’s Adaptive SSL program.
Turn non-www to WWW
- Go to Cloudflare – Page Rules
- Create a new rule: Url Match: https://example.com/* Forwarding URL – 301 to https://www.example.com
- Save and deploy