If You Come By Reading this article, then it means you have recently purchased a VPS and are having trouble in configuring primary domain nameservers for it. This is Really Troublesome for Beginners as WebHosts Do not Provide Proper Instructions for Doing so. Here, I Explain You In Simple Steps What you need to do.
All This Process Will be Done Through Your Domain Registrar, the site From where you purchased your Domain:
1. GO to the Domain’s Control Panel
2. Search For Something Like Host Summary or Nameserver Registration.
3. Here You Need to Create Nameservers for the domain.
- In This Section You Will be Able to Create Custome Nameservers.
- You Need to use hostname as NS1 & NS2. Tha Basic idea is to Create ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com.
- Each Hostname should be specified with a Different IP Address.
- You Would Have Been Provided 2 IP Addresses By Your Webhost. Its Generally Present in the Welcome Mail. Use these IPs.
4. Most Hosts Would Tell you that its done at this step. But, there is one more step you need to do after an hour or so.
5. Once, You Have Configured the IPs for the nameservers, then you need to use the same nameservers for the corresponding domain name. Like TricksMommy.com Will Have nameservers as ns1.tricksmommy.com and ns2.tricksmommy.com
Thats All. Just Wait for 24 Hours and Your Site will start functioning Almost Worldwide.